08 November 2011

Shasha's super famous eggnog!

I LOVE this eggnog recipe. I got it from my grandmother, and I have no idea where she got it from. If I had to guess, I'd say her mom. :) In fact, I love this recipe so so much, I actually use cow milk in it. Most other things, I substitute almond or coconut milk. I don't mind having an upset tummy for this.

12 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
12 egg whites
2  cups whipping ceam
1 quart milk
nutmeg
 
In mixer bowl, beat egg yolks slightly; add sugar and beat
till thick and lemon-colored.  Slowly add the 2 cups milk,
beating constantly at low speed of electric mixer.  Chill
several hours.  Add salt to egg whites and beat till
almost stiff.  Whip cream till stiff.  Stir the 1 quart milk
into chilled egg yolk mixture.  Fold in egg whites; fold in
whipped cream.  Chill one hour.  Stir before serving;
sprinkle with nutmeg.
 
Makes a bout 30 five-ounce servings.
 
(I prefer sprinkling with cinnamon AND nutmeg -- your taste preference)
 
***As a precaution, I like to buy my eggs for this from a small farm. I get weirded out using uncooked supermarket eggs for this. Think of all the salmonella.... yum...

No comments:

Post a Comment