08 August 2012

A funny story



My friend had her baby today, and it reminded me of a funny story. :)

I got a sponge bath. (No, you don't actually get very clean with those.) The nurse was being so nice to me and trying to make me feel better. She told me at least three times, "Girl! You don't look like you even had a baby!" (I REALLY LOOKED LIKE I JUST HAD A BABY!) Of course, being slightly delirious, I believed her. Michael was there and he agreed with the nurse, so I figured I was looking pretty good. (bahaha)

When I finally was able to get out of bed and walk around, my stomach looked like I was 5 months pregnant! The nurse lied to me. I couldn't walk anywhere. I just stood there and looked at my hanging post baby belly and cried.... (maybe it was hysterically. michael tells it that way. lol) All I remember is crying and saying, "How could she lie to me? She's a nurse. You can't lie to me. I just had a baby." lol :D:D

P.S. Here is a picture of me post baby. I told you I looked terrible.

2 comments:

  1. As someone that saw you right after you gave birth, you looked fine! I've seen worse. LOL. -Fawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. This was awesome to read. hahaha.. You're the best! Baha. I love how I read what she said, then I looked up at your picture-- you look so tired. You are too cute! I remember going home four days later, and I stepped onto the scale... girl, AFTER having Liam I weighed 200 lbs. That is fifty pounds more than what I am now LOL.

    ReplyDelete