23 August 2012

Just one more trip...

Last week, I had the opportunity to travel halfway across the country and back with a really great family. :) To be honest, when I was asked to go on the trip, most of me rejected the idea. You may be thinking, "Wow, she must really not like this family." That is definitely not the reason.

Reason #1. I don't do so well on road trips. I get grouchy, impatient, and frustrated three hours into the drive. :) We were driving 14.5 hours. Imagine how lovely I can be after that amount of time. I figured they would kick me out of the van halfway there.

Reason #2. Have I mentioned that I have no patience, and we were driving with 5 children in a mini van?! It ended up being tons of fun, and we had lots of laughs.

Reason #3. I was gone a week in May/June. My dad and brother visited for a few days later in June. I was away from home for 2 weeks in July. I'm leaving again for 9 days the first week of September. I've had lots of other weekend/evening activities all summer. I've been gone a lot, and I really wanted to stay home with Michael.

What really happened: I REALLY LOVED the whole trip! I got to have hours upon hours of great talks with my friend. I learned a lot about her life, and I was able to share some of my life with her. I wasn't grouchy during the drives (I think). The kids were great at least 80% of the time, and the other times I still enjoyed them. We had a lot of fun. I did miss Michael, but at least he ate real food while I was gone. :) I can honestly say that I love their family more than before.

I was also able to see some friends from when we lived in Indiana. I've really missed Hyangmi and being able to see her almost every day. It was also great seeing Merry and the kids. I can't believe how big they've gotten. :) So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment